Become a Member of VFW Post 4008



Veterans of Foreign Wars Membership Requirements

VFW Post 4008 welcomes all who meet our eligibility criteria. It's through service to this country that all our membership has earned their elite status.

If you are an eligible veteran considering applying for membership in the VFW Post 4008, obtain all the necessary proofs of eligibility to submit with your application to avoid denial.


To join the VFW Post 4008, you must be a citizen of the United States. However, there is no stipulation that a person must have been a U.S. citizen at the time he served in the military. If you obtained citizenship after your time in the service, you may still be eligible for membership at VFW Post 4008.

Honorable Discharge

The applicant must have served as a member of United States' military. It doesn't matter which branch a veteran or how long a veteran served. However, veterans must have received an honorable discharge upon leaving the military. Veterans who did not serve honorably according to their discharge status are not eligible for membership in the VFWThe VFW also offers membership to service personnel who are still active members of the military, and who meet the eligibility requirements.

If you have received a campaign medal for overseas service; have served 30 consecutive or 60 non-consecutive days in Korea; or have ever received hostile fire or imminent danger pay, then you're eligible to join our ranks.

You can fill out an application by clicking on the LINKS below. Then you can e-mail your application to ATTN: Larry G. Youngblood (Quartermaster) or call us at 254-939-7159 and one of our members will be glad to assist you in filling out an application at our Post 4008. Remember to bring your DD-214 or your hostile fire orders. 


Check Your Eligibility


Select one: Mail-in Application or Online Application Form